If you have oily skin and wondering how you can take care of it, this article is a must-read for you. I am going to give you some simple yet effective tips on how to take care of your skin properly.
The biggest misconception about oily skin is that a lot of people actually think that they need to get rid of the oil on their skin surface completely. So, they use oily skincare products that contain harsh chemicals which make their skin dry. If used regularly, such products could damage the skin badly and lead to aging skin problems. So, what do you need to do? Let me tell you.
- Stop using soap. It removes the essential moisture from your skin and dries your skin excessively. Dry skin, according to dermatologists, is just as bad as oily skin. So, avoid soap and use a mild cleanser which can gently cleanse your skin while retaining the essential moisture.
- Avoid using oily skincare products that contain alcohols or mineral oil. Alcohol tends to dry your skin and irritate your skin. Mineral oil, on the other hand, tends to strip the natural oils from your skin and make you vulnerable to premature aging.
- Avoid taking showers in hot water as it tends to dry your skin. Instead, shower and bathe in tepid water. Wash your face at least twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Avoid eating too much fast food and eat a well balanced diet. Exercise regularly. These are some of the simple things you can do to improve your skin condition.
- Go for oily skin care products that contain kaolin, a special type of green clay found in New Zealand. It is known for its balancing effect on the skin. It gently absorbs the excess oil, grime, and dirt while retaining the essential moisture to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Use organic oily skincare products that contain natural emollients like Crodamol OP and maracuja. These substances can soothe your skin and make it soft and supple without clogging the pores. Using such a product regularly can improve your skin condition considerably